1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight random facts about me:
- I’ve never been tagged before in one of these memes on my blog. I’m not excited by it, but I was sort of expecting/dreading it in a way, especially as it was a way to make me actually post.
- I was going to be on the cover of a magazine here in Mexico, with a six-page photo-spread accompanied by an article that I wrote (the first time I would have had my writing published), but a) the magazine went belly-up the issue before mine, and b) the media’s euphoria with SL lapsed at the same time. I need to remember to post the proofs from that sometime here, just for old time’s sake.
- I’ve never smoked in my life, and I only started drinking when I was 20 because I went to Europe, and I decided if you don’t drink in Europe you’re just totally dumb and uncool. Also, wine’s cheaper there.
- I only learned how to SMS and what it was useful for this year. I normally consider myself ahead of the curve on technology, though.
- I’ve lived in the same apartment for over ten years. Yes, I’m paying rent. Yes, my landlord loves me.
- I want to move away from Monterrey, but I’m afraid to leave.
- I am intensely critical of everything I do, which explains the wide variety of unfinished projects that I have lying around. It’s easier to not finish something than to endure the sharp edge of my self-critique.
- I took a skills and aptitude test at work this year called the Birkman. My results came out heavily skewed toward creative (musical and artistic), scientific and entrepreneurial interests. I work in finance, though. The first thing the evaluator said to me when she saw my results was, “What are you *doing* working here?” I still ask myself that question everyday.
/me makes a mental note that “random” does not necessarily have to mean “boring”. I apologize to my readers, and proceed to tag Bethany Heart, Hillary Melville, Bettina Tizzy, Helix Rehula, and Ananke Kronos. That should round out every last blogger in SL.🙂